Sunday, July 01, 2007

more thoughts on entitlement

And the responses...

VBV

Ah, Sofia-upon-Tyne... I have forgotten it.
But is it undestandable as a book title?

*

Andy

Bulgarity - what a great title ! My new first choice.

*

Bill

I sent Andy something I can't find quoting Oscar's 'Vulgarity is simply the conduct of others' and asking what does that make Bulgarity?

I quite like GB/BG (Kristin's suggestion) because it reminds me of CBGBs, the New York punk venue. But that may not be the correct criterion in this matter.

In response to Vassil's questions: I don't know why the title was changed. Perhaps it was to expand upon and therefore clarify the original. I think we probably need an evocative main title and an explanatory subtitle. Most of the titles we have are in the evocative category, so perhaps we should imagine them with some helpful subtitle appended.

To recap, here are the ones any enthusiasm has been expressed for:

Bulgarity
Bulgar Blues
Sofia-upon-Tyne
Homespun Alchemies
Stamps of Bulgaria
Gigantic Memories
GB/BG

Here are the ones we feel ambiguous about

A Balkan Exchange
Neareast Northeast

Here are the ones we've suggested but no-one has commented on

Twin (OR) Exchanging Monuments
Bridges and Pages

I suggest that we all think what we'd like to see, comment/suggest one last time, then go with the majority.


No comments: