Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Balneology for Bongo

Despite my previous remarks about skiing, it would appear we are heading to a leading centre of balneology. We shall see whether translation can be done whilst in a Laconium, though this may be dependent on whether Russia restores the gas supply.

(Whilst I was in Guangzhou a couple of years ago, I visited a kind of spa playpark, where there were hot water pools flavoured or more properly infused with wine, ginger, tea, coffee, ginseng, lemonade (perhaps I misremember). It was an open air experience where the upper part of my shrivelling body, ie the bit not immersed in tepid water that smelled mildly of Chinese medicines, was feasted upon by mosquitoes interested only in Billneology.)

Unfortunately, Georgi is still in Berlin, and will only be sitting in the virtual jacuzzi -- assuming there's a stable enough internet connection.

No comments: